Watch our baby grow!

pregnant

Saturday, December 27, 2008

The other big announcement

Didn't want to keep you all in suspense too long, so...
We plan to name our little girl
Abigail Lila
and we'll call her Abby.
In all of our talk about names during the past four months, we never came up with one that really struck us with that "Yes! That's the one!" feeling. Finally, just last week, Ryan came up with Abby, and we both loved it right away. I think it was pretty much locked in when I looked it up and discovered that it means "a father's joy" or "joy of the father" - I don't think I've ever heard Ryan say "Aww!" before. :) Abigail, like Elijah, is a Hebrew name. There were two Abigails in the Bible, the more notable of whom was David's third wife, known for her graciousness and beauty (1Chronicles 2). Our little Abby gets her middle name from my beloved "G-Ma," another woman known for her graciousness and beauty. G-Ma was a wonderful woman; well worthy of having her first great-granddaughter named after her.

Well, I think that's it for big announcements from us for awhile. Now I'll get to work on the Christmas posting! (It may take awhile, I have 170 photos to wade through!) :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh congrats! I love the name.

Oh Joy said...

LOVE the name!!!!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for your family! What a beautiful name... what a miraculous little one waving at us from the womb :).

Love, the PAs

Joe, Jennifer, Clara, Hannah, Eliza, Isaiah said...

Cheryl-
Love the name, and I'm sure she will be everything that it means too! Can't wait to see her join your family:)

Anonymous said...

I love it! That was a name we seriously considered if this one had been a girl, it's one of my favorites!! Yay!

Steven & Jessie said...

I love the name. How exciting. We are so happy for you.

Charlie said...

Love, love, love the name Abby!! I can't wait to meet her! =)