Watch our baby grow!

pregnant

Thursday, December 18, 2008

No news :(

Well, for those of you who are here looking for gender news...no such luck! (For anyone who hasn't heard, Ryan vetoed the whole "wait until Christmas to share the news" idea last weekend). Today was supposed to be the day of my exciting ultrasound, and thus the big reveal here on the blog, but alas, the snow foiled our plans. Ryan came back to bed at 6 a.m. this morning saying that school was cancelled because of snow - I was immediately wide awake and whining about what this meant for our 2:30 doctor visit. Sure enough, a call to the doctor's office confirmed my fear: they were closed all day. To add insult to injury, I don't know when I'll be able to reschedule. They weren't doing any scheduling today, and weren't sure if they would tomorrow either. That puts us into Christmas week, and I'm guessing it's going to be a long shot to squeeze me in sometime before our holy holiday. Ugh! Usually I love the snow - but I couldn't have wanted it less today!

3 comments:

Joe, Jennifer, Clara, Hannah, Eliza, Isaiah said...

:(
I just checked to see if you had made it....I guess this way it will make this second half of the pregnancy a little shorter :), but keep us all in suspense a little longer!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry!!!! When I was pregnant with Evelyne I went in to get my ultrasound, SO excited, and found-out that the front desk had forgotten to schedule it!!!! They were too busy that day, but they did work me in the next morning first thing. I got in the car and bawled my eyes out b/c I was so disappointed, such a let-down! Hopefully they'll get you in first thing next week and it'll be a good Christmas surprise. =) So sorry about the disappointing circumstances!

Anonymous said...

I just checked in to see what the news was - sorry it didn't work out for today. Maybe it's God's subtle way of saying that you should just wait and be surprised at the birth!!
: )

Also I think you should post a poll on your blog and let us guess at the gender.