Watch our baby grow!

pregnant

Saturday, August 30, 2008

"Need some pribacy"

Sorry, but I have no photo to go along with this blog post...for reasons that will be obvious once you read it! ;) We've had a little potty in the bathroom for a couple of months now, not because we wanted to start potty training already, but because Eli wanted to go potty when we did. Mind you, he wasn't really going potty, he just liked to sit down (fully clothed!) and pretend. In recent weeks it has become part of his bath time routine to go try to go potty after he's stripped down before hopping into the tub. About a week and a half ago we were going through this usual routine when Eli looked up at me and said "need some pribacy," and proceeded to close the door! I had to laugh at my two-year-old telling me he needed some privacy, but was also glad that he was understanding the concept since we've been teaching it in relation to other people going potty. Well, I was still laughing a moment later when Eli opened the door beaming and said, "I did it!" I said "what?!" and looked in the potty - sure enough, he had gone!! We knew from when he learned to walk that Eli is not one to relish the spotlight, but I couldn't believe that as soon as he had some privacy he went pee in the potty! Our nightly bath time routine now includes Eli actually peeing in the potty consistently every night. He loves it! He's always so proud of himself for going. Looks like potty training may be easier than I imagined! Way to go Eli!

No comments: