Watch our baby grow!

pregnant

Monday, September 1, 2008

Way too fast

Ryan and I were talking the other night about how grown up Eli seems to be lately. Even just in the past few days he seems so different. The conversations we have with him now are simply amazing, and the things he thinks up on his own are incredible! Case in point, my bed time conversation with him tonight...it started out with me telling Eli I love him. He responded by telling me that he loves the family, specifying cousin Lucas and Uncle Jeremy (he's here visiting for the weekend), and proceeding to tell me that he loved spending time with them at the beach house (a month ago) and telling me everything we had for dinner at the beach house (seriously, he told me three out of six nights!), and that he made oatmeal at the beach house in the pan. I couldn't believe that he not only remembered all of this, but came up with it on his own without any prompting. I then asked him what he wanted to thank God for tonight (we do this every night and he always has amazing, and often funny answers). He answered immediately: "thank Him for trains and train tracks and engines and train signs and smoke stacks and engine drivers." Whoa! As you may have noticed, this is a kid who loves trains and has been reading lots of Thomas books lately! Anyway, this probably isn't all that impressive to all of you who have kids of your own. Ryan and I are just simply amazed by how different and grown up Eli suddenly seems. He's growing up way too fast! On that note, he's a picture of my little boy two years ago...

No comments: