Watch our baby grow!

pregnant

Saturday, January 24, 2009

This precious boy

This morning while getting ready to head to the gym (don't be impressed, I'm getting there once a week at best!), I overheard this from Eli in the living room: "Zoe, come look at the Christmas cards. This one says that Jesus was born in Bethlehem and God put a special star in the sky." Talk about one of those melt-mommy's-heart moments! I was suddenly so glad we've not yet gotten around to taking down our Christmas card display. When I came back out he was still moving his finger across the printed words on the card and whispering to himself. When Ryan got home from basketball practice Eli told him that he had told Zoe about Jesus being born in a stable, and that he wanted to read his Bible for nap time. Way to melt my heart again, precious little boy! This is such a fun age in so many ways, not the least of which is seeing how much he's learning, especially about the things that matter most.

P.S. Obviously the photo has nothing to do with the post...I didn't have a photo to go with this one, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to share one of my favorite photos from his two-year-old photo shoot with Emily. Thanks, Emily!

No comments: