Watch our baby grow!

pregnant

Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy Doughnut Day!

Okay, so for all you Krispy Kreme lovers out there, I should have spread the word yesterday, but today was "Doughnut Day" at Krispy Kreme (for future planning purposes, it's the first Friday in June), when every customer gets a free doughnut of their choice. So, shirking the knowledge of a doughnut's not-so-healthy properties, Eli and I headed out for a treat. He had a great time watching the doughnuts being made, and picked out his own special doughnut - which, for the record, he ate less than half of (thus my Mom-of-the-Year award nomination is still partially intact, right?!). Yes, it was a silly little outing, but it was some really great mommy-son time, which I really treasure! A sidenote for everyone outside of our immediate geographical area; you can't quite see out the window in this photo, but it's pouring down rain outside. Hmmm...is today June 6th, or November 6th? I think this may be the first time in my life I've begun to wonder if it's going to rain on my b'day. I think I'm dealing with the whole turning 30 thing pretty well - but if it rains all day on my b'day, I'm afraid my outlook on the coming decade may be a bit dreary! :)

1 comment:

Joe, Jennifer, Clara, Hannah, Eliza, Isaiah said...

So who got to eat the other half of Eli's doughnut???;)